Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of nano satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As QA Engineer, you will be responsible for the quality assurance testing of Spire Maritime API products and data. This is a developing new function for the support of Spire data services and testing of Spire products. Ensuring world leading customer support and enterprise level testing and quality control of Spire data services.
In the QA testing of Spire data service products, the role will design and implement testing tools and frameworks for efficient and effective testing of all products. The aim being for a suite of flexible testing tools that replicate full use of all products and are able to fully test all products for functionality, performance and measured comparison of data delivered.
The QA Engineer will prepare and implement test plans for new products, product features and data sets. They will establish test processes and programs that can be shared across the product support and data operations team.
They will be familiar with testing API data services, analyzing big data and investigating data issues. They will be familiar with measuring performance of both API and data services.
- Preparing test plans on schedule and in conjunction with the product development team.
- Implementing test plans in line with the agreed development and release schedule
- Providing metrics of test results to show if product KPI have been met.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Perform the QA testing function within Spire Maritime Data Operations
- Development of testing functions.
- Prepare test plans for new developments.
- Liaising with product and development teams to schedule testing and identify required testing for each development.
- Creating test programs to enable testing of software and service released in line with change management processes.
- Maintaining knowledge base for self-service testing by product support
- Identifying, designing and building set of test programs to enable support or testing of data services by the product support team
- Liaising with data analysts and data science team regarding data quality and product performance analysis.
Basic Qualifications / Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in a testing(manual/automation) or technical support role
- 2+ year using Postman tool and preparing complex test scripts run through Postman
- 2+ years use of REST APIs programmatically
- Production of service monitoring reports
- 2+ years using python to call API and process data.
- 2+ years using SQL queries joining multiple tables and producing analytical results.
- Writing knowledge-base articles for process or product support
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience in one or more key product domains, maritime, aviation or weather data.
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics platforms (Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience with software automation that interacts with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Experience defining and publishing product metrics for company dashboards
- Visualizing data via common data visualization/business intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computing, software quality assurance, or numeric discipline
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.