Sales Manager, Maritime, APAC
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The ideal candidate will have sold Maritime AIS or SAAS services. We will also consider those who have sold data analytics or SAAS solutions in other industries.
This role sells Spire maritime data products. These are location-based data from maritime vessels and assets, associated predictive algorithms and associated vessel data. It can also include Maritime Weather data that we collect with our satellites.
We sell Maritime data services to a broad range of customers including:
- Information services providers – (Logistics, Application Service Providers (ASPs)
- Financial Services – Hedge Funds - Commodity Traders
- Insurance providers - Security related companies
- Logistics & Supply chain companies
- Ship owners and management companies/shipping alliances
We are hiring a Sales Manager in Singapore to support the growing demand in our APAC region. The role requires excellent communication skills and someone that can build up fast and good rapport with potential customers. Most of the customer communication will be done by phone, email or video.
In addition, the candidate is able to work independently. This person will be part of a APAC maritime sales team led by the Sales Director, Maritime APAC.
Client conversations could range from a Fortune 500 or smaller company product manager, to a start-up CEO or a data scientist.
Our organisation is fast growing and the sales team is building a predictable and repeatable sales process administered in Zendesk Sell.
Responsibilities of your role
- Close commercial agreements with customers.
- Support the customers throughout their buying journey with Spire
- Collaborate with the sales engineering team regarding existing and new clients to identify and resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships.
- Collaborate with Lead Generation resources to further grow the customer base through prospecting and in some cases cold calling potential customers, improving a repeatable sales process to drive to closure.
- Reach and support team quarterly KPIs activity
- Manage accurate and complete information in Zendesk Sell
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers business issues and needs.; as well as Market and Competitive trends.
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or feedback gathered through client activity to appropriate internal resources, including relevant business issues and industry information for utilization in development of market specific action plans and sales strategy.
- Participate in marketing events, trade shows and Company events.
- Approximately 20% travel
- 5 to 10 years of quota Sales experience selling data services
- Good communicator
- Identify use cases and value propositions across a broad range of verticals.
- Excellent business acumen, communication skills and presence.
- Ability to work cross-culturally/cross-functionally.
- You bring the level of enthusiastic spirit, reliability and creativity, commitment, time, patience, and humour it takes to work with a fast-growing organization
- Fluent in at least one Asian language
- Maritime experience not required, but a plus
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.