Product Marketing Manager, Maritime & Defense
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire Global is a small but swiftly growing technology company that is changing the world with space data and analytics. Founded in 2012, Spire designs and operates one of the largest satellite constellations in the world (we just celebrated the launch of our 100th satellite), which it uses to gather maritime, aviation, and weather data. The company owns the entire stack from custom hardware to customer APIs. Operating in four countries across three continents, Spire is a truly international company. We are looking for highly motivated team players who will help us continue to grow on the ground, and in space.
We are seeking an experienced and hands-on Product Marketing Manager to build on the successful market momentum our AIS data product has experienced in 2019. This marketing professional will own the product marketing strategy for maritime as well as drive effective cross-team execution so that Spire can achieve aggressive growth goals. The successful candidate for this role will be a strategic thinker, researcher, excellent storyteller, and a demo expert with a strong customer focus. You will understand how to build content and go-to-market plans to effectively acquire customers and drive interest in the maritime sector.
What will you be doing?
- Become an internal expert on Spire’s maritime focused products and use cases and how we position them externally as well as internally to our sales teams.Contribute to and help develop product positioning and messaging to our customer segments and verticals
- Own the cross-functional go to market for new products and features.
- Assess the market potential for new products along with market segmentation analysis.
- Own and execute on sales enablement deliverables such as sales decks, customer testimonials, competitive intelligence, training and more
- Work closely with sales teams to understand our sales process, to garner a clear picture of customer needs, and to constantly iterate on improving our sales funnel metrics.
- Work directly with the product team to influence the product roadmaps, based on market demand, competitor intelligence, and customer feedback
- Collaborate closely with the brand, digital marketing and demand generation team to execute against Goto market launch strategies
- Partner with US federal product marketing leader for global synchronization, strategy, and execution of the Maritime product portfolio.
- Research and develop pricing strategies and recommendations.
What skills should you bring?
- At least 5+ years of experience in product marketing or marketing in maritime, logistics, or the global government or defense industry.
- Experience using customer insights, analysis, and data to help with marketing, product, and strategy.
- Ability to provide ongoing competitor analysis and recommendations for market-driven product differentiation.
- Extremely strong collaboration skills and a motivation to engage with different offices across multiple countries and timezones
- Strategic and critical thinker
- Proven ability to work effectively across marketing, sales, product management, and engineering organizations
- B.A./B.S. Degree
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.