Global Head of People Operations
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire is seeking a Global Head of People Operations who is passionate about creating value for the organization by designing and building the scalable architecture of a world-class People function. Reporting directly to the Chief People Officer, the Global Head of People Operations is both a strategic and hands-on role that is responsible for building the operational arm of the People function as we continue to scale globally. This role currently has responsibility for inspiring and leading a team of two Operations Project Leads who are supporting the efforts to streamline our employee processes and designing the overall employee experience.
Your ability to establish a technology and automation-driven infrastructure in a data-driven environment, in direct partnership with multiple stakeholders across the organization, will be fundamental to your success. You will be a critical member of the People Leadership team with shared accountability for establishing and prioritizing key elements of the people strategy that will enable business growth and organizational effectiveness. You will partner with your People Team colleagues to build out the People Data and Analytics capability within the function, enabling the design and implementation of processes that are at the foundation of the People Team's work. You will build and manage employee policies and programs that improve the complete employee experience and ensure compliance. You will maintain a high level of operational excellence in securing seamless integration across multiple systems that support employees across a complex global footprint. You will employ a lens around equity and inclusion throughout our people processes and employee lifecycle. You will be someone who can comfortably transition between big picture, strategic thinking and tactical, day-to-day planning and execution.
- Build capabilities that capture, analyze, report, and advise on the strategic use of workforce data; create scorecards and metric guidance for use in managing critical performance criteria
- Establish a strategic workforce planning platform that will enable the organization’s growth plans to be successful with the right resources, at the right time and place and with the right capabilities; partner with key executives and People Partners to incorporate this data into their growth strategies
- Own all HR systems, including their seamless integration across the organization; establish success criteria and control mechanisms to ensure smooth and user-friendly administration; ensure systems are well-prepared to manage at scale
- Own all People policies, their governance and their communication; ensure the full-cycle start-to-depart employee experience is enhanced by the use of these materials in an automated and user-friendly manner
- Build and manage an effective Employee Relations platform and administration process; establish grievance tracking process, escalation matrix, and employee guidance
- Own and administer employee feedback and engagement platform and all related reporting (regular surveys, manager pulse checks, executive summaries, leader guidance on action plans)
- Own and facilitate the Global Relocation & Mobility policy and process (one-way domestic and international relocations, immigration compliance administration)
- Think big but also not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves” in a fast-paced start-up culture that is rapidly becoming a High-Performance Organization in a public company environment
- Have strong solutions focus and comfort working in an environment that values impact over effort
- Manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- 12+ years in progressive HR roles, including a minimum of 5 years in HR Operations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a scale up global tech company
- Experience building People Operations from scratch
- Self-starting cloud-shaper; a builder
- Strong relationship and communication skills (written and presentation skills)
- Demonstrated ability to work with executive leaders and team members at all levels and across multiple countries/cultures
- The ability to use data to drive decisions
- Solutions-focused and comfortable working in an environment that demands strong deliverables
- Critical thinking skills; analytical, intellectual capacity to learn very quickly
- Experience with BambooHR
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environments; high tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and ongoing change
- Broad knowledge of HR Technologies and competitive market practices
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.