Vice President, Weather & Earth Intelligence
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for an experienced leader to drive the execution efforts for Spire’s Weather & Earth Intelligence Program. This individual will be responsible for enacting the vision of Spire’s Weather Product to develop world leading global weather products and forecasting models. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, metrics- and results-driven leader with an open, collaborative, and team-based approach to leadership and management. He/she has proven repeatedly that they can deliver complex, cross-functional projects on aggressive timelines, in a rapidly changing technology environment, with an international, multi-location team, to achieve success in a demanding and competitive market. This role is based out of our Boulder, CO office (Remote/ hybrid arrangement Ok).
- Lead and inspire a global, interdisciplinary team of scientists, software engineers, data engineers, technical managers, and support staff to ensure on-time delivery of key weather and earth observation product initiatives.
- Direct the design and implementation of business strategies, plans and procedures for Spire’s Weather & Earth Intelligence Program.
- Collaborate with executives to ensure alignment with organizational goals, adjusting the technology plans to keep the Weather team fast, agile, and focused on delivering customer value.
- Work closely with the Product teams.
- Listen to the voice of the customer and translate that into delivering product.
- Set and track comprehensive goals and KPIs for performance and growth.
- Foster a high-performance, international, success-oriented, accountable culture.
- Develop a team of collaborative superstars, attracting and hiring top talent, and developing and managing their performance.
- Mentor individual contributors and leaders.
- 10+ years’ experience leading and managing technical engineering teams, driving execution in an international multi-disciplinary engineering organization.
- Proven leadership ability to work with an integrated, international, multi-location, cross-functional team to solve complex design and development challenges and problems, including managing technical performance, schedule, budget and risk.
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex projects into easily defined executable parts.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning for product delivery and release of scientific and engineering related products.
- Strong personal credibility with the ability to creatively drive and manage change due to scale in a growing organization
- Proven experience in identifying key talent needs, attracting, acquiring, mentoring, and retaining top talent.
- Executive/ C-Suite experience
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA or PhD is desired
- Familiarity with meteorological or atmospheric sciences
- Membership in American Meteorological Society or similar organizations.
- Delivered products for commercial and government entities
- Detailed knowledge of Project Management Principles and software tools, such as Wrike, Asana, Trello, etc.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Colorado Salary range: $215-230K Base