Technical Program Manager
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The Technical Program Manager role at Spire is by nature transverse, and sits at the intersection of our business teams with the technology that they use to take the company products to the market. You are part of a central team, working transversally across Spire’s business units. You will interact with representatives from teams like Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Pre-Sales Engineering, and you will have ownership on the central tools and processes aimed at enabling them be more successful.
More specifically, you will report directly into the Director of Revenue Operations, and you will own integration between company core tools across teams. You are at ease with creating a customer management tech stack roadmap – assessing what’s today, what tech stack we should have in the future (aiming for full tech integration) – and driving this entire roadmap forwards. You are at ease with understanding business processes and use tools to enable them. You are at ease with working directly both with business teams and with technical teams (e.g. sysadmins, software developers). You have a detailed understanding about how healthy marketing and sales processes look like.
You are driven by data – you strive to measure what seems to be unmeasurable, and you drive decisions based on numbers. You focus on the long term goals, while being able to cope with short term activities. You are keen to be part of a company that grows, and to grow periodically the complexity you deal with.
Responsibilities of your role:
- You automate business processes through CRM integrations.
- You help define or optimize business processes, and use tools to automate them.
- You engage both internal and external resources, and actively organize them to reach your projects success, across scope, time and costs.
- You own various layers of business reporting, and automate the reporting decks.
- You enable business teams to take deep dives into raw data, enabling them with the necessary tools and capabilities
- You build an Intake process to capture business requests or requirements from across the company.
- You build a Prioritization process, to enable the company take quick data driven decisions about which tech project to start.
- You directly orchestrate different project teams and workgroups towards the implementation of the tech stack roadmap that you defined.
- You drive process and technology related decisions across functional or matrixed organizations.
- 5+ years of practical experience which includes:
- Handling multiple projects at once, while knowing how to prioritize and execute
- Directly driving technical integration projects.
- Owning reporting mechanisms (reports creation; reports publishing; reports review) across business teams
- Hands-on experience with healthy marketing and sales processes, within Hubspot (or similar CRMs)
Strong candidates will also possess experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Working directly with senior company and business unit leadership.
- Being able to influence stakeholders at all layers.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Using curiosity as a means to increase the complexity of your role.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.