Product Marketing Manager
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to introduce and drive adoption of Spire’s Weather product offering. This professional will own the product marketing strategy as well as drive effective cross-team execution so that Spire can achieve aggressive growth goals. The successful candidate for this role will be a strategic thinker, researcher, excellent storyteller, and a demo expert with a strong customer focus. You will support the product team, and also work very closely with sales and marketing teams to help craft our content and go-to-market plans, effectively acquire customers and drive interest in the weather forecasting sector.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF YOUR ROLE:
- Become an internal expert on Spire’s weather data products and use cases and how we position them externally as well as internally to our sales teams
- Contribute to and help develop product positioning, pricing, packaging and messaging to our customer segments and verticals
- Own announcements of new features to our customers and prospects
- Own and execute on sales enablement deliverables such as sales decks, customer testimonials, competitive intelligence, training and more
- Work directly with the product managers in the team to help define the product roadmaps, bringing insights based on market demand, competitor intelligence, and customer feedback
- Work closely with sales teams to understand our sales process, to garner a clear picture of customer needs, and to constantly iterate on improving our sales funnel metrics
- Work closely with the marketing team to bring product and market knowledge, and collaborate on all content, campaigns, and go to market strategy
- Use competitive and market knowledge to drive product packaging, pricing strategy and presentation
- Drive product partnerships
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing on SaaS products, or API platforms, ideally in a start-up environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Experience with weather data or meteorology will be considered a major advantage
- Experience and comfortable with highly technical products
- Experience in the Maritime or the Supply Chain industry will be considered a major plus
- Proven ability to work effectively across marketing, sales, product management, and engineering organizations
- Strong collaboration skills and a motivation to engage with multiple teams in different offices across multiple countries and timezones
- Ability to provide ongoing competitor analysis and recommendations for market-driven product differentiation.
- Data driven, experience in data analytics
- Strategic and critical thinker
- Creative and not bound by status quo
- Motivated by ambiguity and strong ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Experience in Market research and competitive analysis
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.