Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual for the position of NPI Buyer to join our Supply Chain team. The successful candidate reporting to the Supply Base Development Manager will form the basis of a new team, dedicated to the strategic and tactical development of the Spire supply chains and New Product Introductions.
Essential for success is a proactive, “can do” attitude and possesses an unwavering attention to detail. Ability to demonstrate sound commercial and business acumen and communicate clearly to colleagues across the business functions in manufacturing, technical colleagues in Engineering and Project Management
Comfortable using data to support discussions and able to use this to develop clarity when challenging stakeholders while maintaining a professional and collaborative approach.
- Support Supply Base Development Manager in all aspects of supply chain design, strategic sourcing and commercial negotiations with suppliers.
- Represent the Supply Chain team in NPI Projects introducing new Purchasing parts, ensuring the ramp-up/ ramp down of supply chains for their portfolio of suppliers.
- Support the strategic and tactical buying (make/buy sourcing decisions) activities for new product introductions.
- Work with design teams in both design for manufacture and design for lead-time to provide expert insight into commodity strategies, commodity lead times, impact of design choices on availability and cost.
- Promote and enable the ‘fast turn’ of prototype materials within the Spire supply chain.
- Enables the smooth transition of new products into Supply Chain Execution.
- Enable the strategic positioning of supply (VMI, Semi Finished goods and Finished goods) and elastic capacity to support short predictable lead-time strategies.
- Procurement of unreleased material for new products.
- Ensure BOM/part parameter/pricing set up for new parts whilst managing excess and obsolete to minimise exposure.
- To operate within the Spire guidance on risk buy strategies.
- Responsible for the reporting and achievement of supply chain KPI’s relevant to their commodity types & suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to summarise the complex into simple understandable requirements.
- CIPS level 4 or equivalent qualification/experience
- 5+ years of proven experience in a Electro-Mechanical new product introduction role.
- Deep understanding of the Electro-Mechanical commodity types, products & drawings
- Previous experience in procurement/strategic sourcing activities in the Mechanical/PCBA commodity areas.
- In-depth hands-on end to end experience in Supply Relationship Management, from supplier selection to contract management.
- Deep hands-on knowledge of supplier manufacturing processes, inventory positioning /management and the Supply Chain.
- Total cost of acquisition approach to Procurement.
- Ability to lead /manage projects and work well cross functionally. Strong influencing/negotiation skills.
- Innovative thinker who has the ability to think ‘out of the box’ for supply chain solutions.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Product Life Cycle (PLC/PLM) and Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Excellent user of MS Office/Google packages.
- Exemplar of Spire values.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.