Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As part of the Spire corporate finance team you will be responsible for a variety of data analytics, reporting and consolidation tasks in helping manage the operations of a large and growing space data and services company. In addition, you will be tasked with supporting critical processes across multiple business units covering Space Services, Aviation, Maritime and Weather Prediction giving you wide visibility into the core lines of business driving growth for the company. The questions we’ll ask evolve as quickly as our company grows, so what works today always needs to work better and smarter tomorrow. The perfect person for this role will join a team full of creative self-starters who tackle global problems every day with a high degree of initiative, independence and desire to win.
The role is global in scope and will work in a hybrid remote/office environment, based in one of Spire’s North America locations - San Francisco/Boulder/Washington DC/Cambridge, Canada
- Analyzing current and past financial data and performance
- Preparing reports and projections based on this analysis
- Managing complex data sets and helping drive efficiencies in the Spire reporting process
- Working closely with other members of the Spire finance team to optimize finance support for the Spire operations and executive team.
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Working with spire sales operations in helping with deal analysis and CRM management.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in Finance
- Knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies
- Experience graphically representing data
- Solid knowledge and experience with Excel/MS Office/Google and financial accounting software (preferably NetSuite & Adaptive Insights)
- Ability to work with large data sets and perform analysis to translate into actionable information
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn quickly, and make an impact
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in an unstructured environment
- Ability to work in partnership with all functional organizations
- Excellent teamwork ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.