Growth Account Manager
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
At Spire Maritime, we have a strong pipeline of products that need to be upsold to our existing customer base. The Growth Account Manager is a key individual contributor on a high performing team that consistently achieves set net retention rates, all while helping customers to build the internal business case to upgrade their subscription through demonstrating value-add thanks to their in-depth product and industry knowledge, for which extensive training will be provided.
A successful Growth Account Manager will forge strategic relationships with internal stakeholders and execute customer lifecycle phases from onboarding to contract renewal, as well as account expansion.
- Create and execute on strategic growth plans for key accounts
- Develop process and automation methods to better serve all accounts
- Map out key decision-makers, the renewal process, and engage all key stakeholders at the account
- Lead the discovery process to help customers build the internal business case to justify enhancements, renewals, and upsells
- Act as a single point of contact for existing customers for renewals and account expansion
- Manage regular business reviews with customers as well as onboarding meetings
- Prepare renewal agreements, quotations, and notifications, negotiate terms and conditions, and render renewal contracts
- Act as a bridge between the client, Legal, Finance and Support Teams
- Develop solutions and recommendations to optimize workflows
- Identify and convert upsell and expansion opportunities
- Work with the product team to gather feedback and requirements from customers
- 5-10 years of Sales, Customer Success or Account Management experience selling data services
- Ability to identify use cases and value propositions across a broad range of verticals
- Track record of identifying ways to improve processes and succeed in high growth dynamic environments
- Strong communicator with outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-culturally/cross-functionally
- You are a strategic problem solver and you face challenges head-on
- Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have:)
- Maritime experience
- You bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm, reliability, creativity, humor, commitment and time and the patience it takes to work within a fast-paced and fast-growing organization
- Excellent business acumen, communication skills and presence
- You are a proactive self-starter
- Thrives in ambiguity
- Track record of building external relationships
- Fluency in English and knowledge of another European language would be a plus
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.