Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire Global, Inc. is a small but swiftly growing technology company that is changing the world with space data and analytics. Founded in 2012, Spire designs and operates one of the largest satellite constellations in the world (we just celebrated the launch of our 100th satellite), which it uses to gather maritime, aviation, and weather data. The company owns the entire stack from custom hardware to customer APIs. Operating in four countries across three continents, Spire is a truly international company. We are looking for highly motivated team players who will help us continue to grow on the ground, and in space.
As a Sales Engineer, you will be the primary technical contact to customers on behalf of Spire's aviation products.
Successful candidates will have a good balance of experience with SaaS applications, APIs, and providing solutions to customers.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Own the customer journey. Execute product demos. Onboard our customers. Support them by responding to their questions and replicating their issues. Empower them to get answers quickly by maintaining and adding content to our knowledge base and developer portal.
- Survey and analyze our global aviation data to help sales and product teams reach out to potential customers.
- Identify and own critical product issues that impact customers and work with data services to resolve them.
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing engineering or technical support role
- Working knowledge of REST APIs, TCP/IP and SaaS infrastructure
- Replicating and resolving customer issues
- Quality assurance and testing of APIs
- Upholding best practices in customer messaging platforms (Intercom, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Python programming, calling API services and handling data in JSON format.
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics platforms (Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience writing scripts in Bash or similar etc.
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Writing knowledge base articles
- Bachelor's degree or higher strongly preferred
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of aviation domain and Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) data
- Experience working with customers within the aviation domain
- Experience with Business Information and Data Analytics
- Visualizing data via common business intelligence tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Experience with software automation that interacts with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of the R programming language or similar statistical programming language
- Experience defining and publishing product metrics for company dashboards
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application