Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
In the time it takes you to read this job description our low earth orbit nanosatellites would have passed overhead at least three times traveling at around 8km a second. Onboard, the satellites are collecting and downloading radio signals (data) that help drive value across the Maritime, Weather and Aviation industries.
Since Spire’s first launch in 2013, we’ve put up more than 100 satellites, each batch better than the previous one (at the time of this writing, we are on our 18th iteration). Our satellites have three payloads: Our AIS data receiver, our GNSS/GPS radio occultation receiver, and our ADS-B aircraft signal receiver.
The Spire Maritime team is focused on taking that data and impacting the world in positive ways.
We are seeking a talented marketing mind to focus on lead nurturing and converting marketing leads into successful customers. You will be responsible for understanding what activities increase customer generation from our database and using marketing tactics such as email, retargeting and social media to add value through content, resources, and other calls-to-action. Your goal is to move our interested, qualified subscribers into successful leads and marketing qualified leads.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Analyze and interpret what behaviors and patterns make subscribers more likely to move into the next funnel stage (lead nurturing). Create a strategy for the areas identified through a mix of helpful content and other calls-to-action using Hubspot, our marketing automation platform.
- Find new approaches to lead nurturing, including but not limited to channels like re-targeting, email, social media, blogging, webinars, webcasts, and account-based marketing.
- Create and implement new projects and creative ideas that help improve customer conversion rates while proposing and overseeing the implementation of creative new projects.
- Measure and optimize lead nurturing initiatives, reporting results and proposing improved ways of operating based on data.
- Collaborate with content marketing, product marketing, PR and blog contributors to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms for our subscribers.
- Manage key conversion points in the marketing funnel, including landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms. A/B test and continually measure the performance of these conversion assets.
- Optimize our marketing’s conversion paths and rates overall and drive marketing-qualified leads, and marketing pipeline, for our sales team. Measure your efforts by analyzing the lead-to-customer conversion rates and marketing funnel efficiencies.
- Develop documentation and roadmaps for all lead nurturing processes.
- Build and manage email campaigns including design templates, content, and calls to action that move contacts through the marketing funnel.
- Direct email list segmentation based on behaviors including email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.) with the goal of increasing email send productivity. Measure results and optimize the nurture tracks for these segments to convert leads to customers and minimize list decay and unsubscribes.
- Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity converts customers and continually refine our process.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and/or web analytics.
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Expert in HubSpot marketing automation (or other similar tools) and smart list optimization to build and optimize the right nurturing tracks.
- Past experience with HubSpot Social Inbox (or other similar tools) to identify and nurture customers on social media channels.
- Excellent command of all marketing tactics, not just email.
- Excellent writer and communicator with the ability to align that communication with the larger company tone. A good storyteller.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application