Technical Sales Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will be the primary product expert and pre sales consultant in the America region for Spire's maritime products. Successful candidates will have a good balance of experience with SaaS applications, APIs, and providing solutions to customers.
- Support the customer journey with product expertise and product demonstrations.
- Use and analyze Spire maritime data services to help sales and product teams find the best solutions for potential customers.
- Perform investigations and reports of Spire data relevant to customer requirements.
- Prepare trial access or data samples as part of data experience.
- Prepare service proposals and service delivery plans for customers .
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
- Review customer requirements and specify customised data services where necessary for best fit solutions.
- Specify onboarding requests and customer knowledge transfer to Customer Support Engineers upon contract completion.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical support role
- 1+ years using REST APIs programmatically, testing and pulling data
- 2+ years replicating and resolving customer technical issues
- 1 year+ writing scripts in Bash or similar scripting.
- 1 year + writing programs in Python, including exchanging data from APIs.
- Data analysis and reporting
- 1 year+ SQL query of databases, using multiple joins, groups and aggregations.
- Experience writing knowledge base articles or technical documentation
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or another science.
- Experience with AIS data and maritime tracking systems or similar.
- Commercial experience of maritime domain
- Experience managing CRM or Support platforms (Jira, SalesForce, Intercom, ZenDesk, etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services
- Experience with GRAPHQL
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics platforms (Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience defining and publishing product metrics for company dashboards
- Visualizing data via common data visualization/business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, etc.)
- GIS visualisation of high volume locational data.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.