Technical Project Manager
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the technical project management and providing guidance, leadership, and project support to a team of engineers, scientists, product managers, and upper management. Responsibilities will include all aspects of project management from initial planning, through execution and monitoring, to project completion, including a focus on timely delivery, budgets, resource allocation, and scope management.
The successful candidate will work with a variety of stakeholders to ensure deliverables and milestones are met within scope and budget, preparing reports for upper management regarding status of project. This role will coordinate with other departments to ensure aspects of various projects are compatible with resources to fulfill customer or product development needs.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to enable appropriate execution and monitoring of progress
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Drive the development of project requirements, objectives, and associated project documentation
- Interface with other engineering disciplines to manage inter-team agreements and deliveries.
- Maintain a strong technical understanding of the project baseline, trade studies, and assist with any issues encountered by the development team.
- Work with functional managers to ensure resource availability and allocation
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule, resources, and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with product managers, customers, and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management, actively working to disposition and manage project risks
- Integrate, track, and drive deliverables across a variety of projects and programs
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 6+ years combined experience in project and engineering leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or applicable field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Agile
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience leading projects involving cloud-based IaaS and HPCaaS platforms
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
- Strong working knowledge of Google products
- Experience with resource, scope, and plan management
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information appropriate for audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills with the ability to win the confidence of highly skilled engineers and executive staff alike
- Sense of humor!
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Colorado Salary Band $112,500-157,500