Embedded Software Engineer, SDR Payloads
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As an SDR payload software engineer, you will be part of a team developing payloads for several different applications, including ADS-B and AIS receivers to track airborne and maritime traffic. You will interface with other teams at Spire such as the algorithm design, hardware, manufacturing and operations teams that design, build, test and operate the SDR payloads. Our satellite constellation is continuously growing and also improved through on-orbit software and FPGA updates. If you have the drive to write stable, high-performance software that will have a global impact, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities of your role
- Implementing/testing data transfer and processing functions interacting with FPGA, RF front-end, and peripheral sensors of the SDR payloads
- Continuously improving the payload software in terms of performance and functionality
- Ensuring interoperability between the payload and the platform and data handling subsystems
- Be hands-on in laboratory and manufacturing environments during bring-up, integration, qualification, testing and debugging of SDR payloads
- Conducting peer-reviews of code written by other team members
Basic qualifications / Experience
- Experience in design, implementing and testing of application software in modern C++
- Experience in developing high-performance and memory-efficient C or C++ code for embedded systems with real-time constraints
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a technical field relevant to software engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- A detail-oriented personality; careful, methodical, and persistent in tracking down problems
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
- Experience in adapting and configuring Linux on embedded systems using Yocto or similar
- Experience in reading schematics and datasheets, and interfacing with HW designers and FPGA developers
- FPGA knowledge
- Skilled in Python, shell scripting, build systems, unit test frameworks
- Experience from SDRs, such as Ettus USRP
- Experience from implementing and optimizing Digital Signal Processing algorithms
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.