Senior Software Developer, Federal Programs
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As part of the US Government Engineering group, the key responsibilities would be:
- Collaborate with other Developers and Scientists in the group as well as members in the Operations team to plan, design, develop, test and main data pipelines
- Design, program and deliver on projects related to the processing, storage and streaming of data within designated schedules and budgets
- Support the development of projects from inception through alpha/beta testing and final delivery
- Identify, communicate and overcome development problems and creative challenges related to complex distributed systems
- Revise and troubleshoot development work as required and
- Contribute to and actively follow technical documentation related to interactive development cycles.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics:
- Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent subject
- Power-user capabilities with Linux
- 3+ years’ experience developing software in Java using Apache Flink
- 3+ years’ experience of SQL and related relational databases
- Understanding of Message Queueing software (Kafka)
- Ability to design and test highly robust and scalable distributed software solutions
- Robust initiative and the ability to work with minimal oversight
- Experience with AWS cloud computing services
- Strong Math skills
- Experience developing software with GoLang or Python
- Experience in the Satellite industry
- Experience in the Maritime industry
- Experience with Hbase or other distributed databases
- GIS / Mapping experience (S2, geopandas, geoserver, leaflet, postGIS, etc)
Spire operates a hybrid work model, and this position will require you to work a minimum of three days per week in office.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $130,000 to $170,000. Final base salary for this role will be based on the location, skills, experience and qualifications. In addition to base compensation, this role may be eligible for annual equity awards and our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. #LI-DC1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.