Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to help build world-class customer-centric data products that solve government, industry, and customer problems. This is a person who has the experience to run deep analyses on complex data sets to discover pattern and movement behaviours about maritime targets and ships, implement data key performance indicators (KPIs), create reports, documents, and design visualization dashboards. The person will have the opportunity to build the data analysis practice to support both the RFGL Target Services product and broader Spire Product Management. This is a role where you will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats and collaborate across multiple functions.
The primary role of the Data Analyst will be to support the expanding higher value data sets that are part of Spire Maritime Government product portfolio. We are building a team of data analysts and data scientists to create, support and maintain data sets that are critical components of Spire data services. The Data Analyst will be a key member of the Maritime Government team - specifically to understand and communicate the expanding Spire RFGL Target Services data. The data analyst will work closely with product management, sales, and product marketing management to help customers unlock the true value and potential of using the new RFGL services data and advising around data requirements for sales and product growth.
As a Data Analyst at Spire on our Maritime team, you will move fast and solve global problems. You might be a right fit if you love a complex and dynamic environment in which every decision has a direct impact on the business. You will join a growing team responsible for the successful delivery of the product vision that supports the business objectives of the business unit. In addition, you will coordinate with the product development team and the product marketing team.
We are relentlessly committed to our customers. We recognize that professional growth comes from operating at the boundaries of our comfort zones, and we encourage and support each other through open discussions at any level of the company. If this sounds like your cup of tea, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Lead the data analysis function within the Spire Maritime Government team
- Explore, analyze, and report on maritime activities using existing data products and services
- Analyzing Spire Radio Frequency Geolocation (RFGL) data for coverage, quality, and identify maritime patterns/behaviours
- Building reports, customized customer-specific briefing documents, and dashboards to highlight the Spire RFGL data and end-user use cases
- Detailed maritime situational awareness analysis of RFGL in customer specific areas of interest
- Research, analysis, and testing of new and/or updated data sources, products, and services
- Support product marketing efforts by helping to find and analyze maritime stories, media requests, and serve as a data thought leader within the Spire Maritime Government group
- 2+ years of experience as a data analyst on a data driven product
- Fluency in data analysis fundamentals
- Strong SQL analyzing complex data sets
- Data processing manipulation in Python or similar
- 2+ years producing statistics and analytical reviews of complex data sets
- Fluency in geospatial data visualization techniques and analysis
- Comfortable in reporting and dashboarding with at least one tool (Looker, Data studio, Tableau, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluency in English
- Experience handling data in JSON or XML formats
- 1+ years of experience using API services
- Knowledge about the Maritime and Government intelligence industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics
- Experience in a client facing role
- Data science, machine learning, training models or similar
- Familiarity with cloud services like Google Cloud or AWS
- Linux and bash scripting
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.