Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire also works with businesses & government to co-create and deploy customizable data collection satellites within just six months. This is secure, real-time data from custom payloads fitted to a customer's needs. We call this Orbital Services.
As an Orbital Services Sales Engineer, you will be the primary technical contact to customers on behalf of Spire's space as a service. Successful candidates will have a good balance of experience with smallsat-based systems engineering and complex technical systems, with a holistic view of the space, ground and user segments, providing solutions to customers.
- Gain a deep understanding of Spire’s Orbital Services offering and convey it confidently to prospective customers.
- Own the customer journey. Understand the customer need through the expression of their technical and operational requirements. Onboard our customers. Support them by responding to their questions and replicating their issues.
- Support the business development and sales team in the production of high-quality proposals, ensuring that Spire’s solution meets or exceeds the customer’s requirements and is communicated to the customer in a clear manner.
- Work very closely with the space, ground and launch segment teams to ensure that the solution design meets customer requirements.
- Engage with the space, ground and launch segment teams to ensure that the solution is implemented as agreed with the customer and his/her mission is launched and operated as planned.
- Survey and analyze the market to help business development, sales and product teams reach out to potential customers.
- Identify and own critical product issues that impact customers and work with the space and ground engineering teams to resolve them.
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
- 3+ years of systems engineering experience, with complex technical physical systems
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing engineering or technical support role
- Great demonstrated writing skills (English)
- Knowledge of satellite design and operations simulation software strongly preferred (e.g. AGI STK)
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Telecommunications engineering, or higher strongly preferred.
- Experience in public-procurement processes (ESA, EU, NATO, other) strongly preferred.
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Highly imaginative and ‘go-getter’ attitude
- Experience defining and publishing product metrics for company dashboards
- Working as part of a small team to prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to prospective customers
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Working closely with Product Management to define and enhance customer-facing products and applications
- Helping to lead the design, implementation, and deployment of new applications and features
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application