Spire is a space-powered data and analytics platform that offers unique insights and powerful solutions about Earth from the ultimate vantage point – space – so organizations can act now and plan for the future with confidence, accuracy and speed. Leveraging its proprietary multi-purpose satellite constellation and sophisticated predictive analytics, Spire gives commercial and government organizations an unprecedented competitive advantage to solve their toughest challenges, empowered with knowledge from space.
Working on our satellites offers FPGA developers an opportunity to interact with the widest range of systems, and this position provides the opportunity for a talented FPGA engineer to really push themselves and develop their skills further.
As an FPGA Engineer at Spire Global, you will help develop our world-class spacecraft constellation.
This role requires a close working relationship with hardware and manufacturing engineers to design, build and test new systems, troubleshoot complex issues both in spacecraft manufacture and in-orbit, and support maintenance of existing systems. You will have the opportunity to work across the whole range of our systems, from interfacing with various RF and optical front ends through to highly optimised FPGA algorithm implementation. You’ll have access to our high-level telemetry analysis and monitoring systems based on our cloud data analytics warehouse.
- Spacecraft platform:
- Provide early system design input/support system engineers during work scoping
- Detailed design/implementation from inception to deployment and operation
- Make improvements to our existing designs to enhance functionality, usability, robustness, performance, and writing and testing code to integrate new technology.
- Support customer facing projects to provide new features, extend existing capabilities and dive into rectifying any surprises.
- Cross team collaboration to analyse and address problems
- Supporting the on-ground testing campaign through all phases, including test planning, execution, analysis and debugging
- 2+ years of experience with FPGA design
- 2+ years experience integrating XILINX and other IP into shippable designs
- Experience with Xilinx IP blocks (DMA, FIFO, BLOCK RAM)
- Experience with standard digital interfaces (low speed: I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, eMMC, SDRAM, parallel FLASH and high speed: LVDS, MIPI CSI, PCIe, DDR3+)
- Demonstrable experience and confidence with basic automation scripting using python/tcl/bash
- Familiarity with Yocto, Linux, kernel drivers etc
- Exposure to embedded Operating Systems (FreeRTOS, Yocto, Buildroot, Petalinux)
- Experience with board bring up and debug
- Performance/area analysis and optimisation
- Verification experience using modelsim etc
- Exposure to tools from other FPGA suppliers (LATTICE, microsemi, etc)
- Experience with embedded C: interrupt handlers, concurrency, etc
- Experience with build systems like make and CMake
- Experience with development tools like git, Github, CI/CD tools
- Exposure to Linux programming: userspace, kernel mods, drivers, etc
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.