Business Development Manager, EU Government/Military/Intelligence (GMI)
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are searching for a sales professional to drive Spire Space Services and Signals Intelligence sales activity with the European governments, militaries, and intelligence agencies. This position will report to the VP of Global Sales for our Space Services division and requires an autonomous self-starter who can also collaborate daily with internal Spire stakeholders to drive meaningful engagements with prospects and customers.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Work directly for the VP of Global Sales to source, develop, and close a pipeline of business opportunities with European governments, militaries, intelligence agencies and their ecosystems for our Spire Space Services Division.
- Support the maintenance and development of partnerships with established and emerging industry players in the European market; represent Spire at industry conferences and events and build a network that leads to new business opportunities.
- Support and execute efforts to bid on government contracts by leading Spire’s responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- Play a key role in identifying and refining new business cases for Spire’s satellite platform and understanding the unique requirements of government customers.
- Conduct detailed research on current and new markets to help Spire strategically expand and deepen its customer footprint.
- Maintain intelligence on the market, current and future partners, competitors, and technology trends, and use that knowledge base to help guide and evolve Spire’s European government strategy.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5 years of experience in a business development and/or strategy role supporting European governments, militaries, or intelligence communities
- Demonstrate success in achieving revenue targets, closing complex deals, and expanding market share
- Strong network and established relationships with key stakeholders in government agencies, military organizations, and intelligence agencies
- In-depth knowledge of the European space industry, including current trends, policies, procurement processes, and regulatory frameworks
- Report to Spire’s Glasgow or Munich offices
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Security Clearance Credentials with government agencies in Europe
- Excellent communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Team player with long-term company growth in mind
- Keen attention to detail and experience executing on highly specific requirements. At the same time, maintain a broader perspective and understand the strategic landscape in which Spire operates.
Spire operates a hybrid work model and this position will require you to work a minimum of 3 days per week in our Luxembourg office.
During the recruitment process candidates will be requested to provide with a recent criminal record extract for background screening purpose.
Access to U.S. controlled software and/or technology may be required.#LI-JP1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.