Maritime Weather forecast API & solutions
One-stop weather data hub to make data-driven, sustainable decisions. Access highly accurate, comprehensive and global maritime weather datasets gathered from Spire’s satellites and enriched by Spire’s AI-based algorithms.
Maritime Weather solutions
Historical weather data
30 years of historical weather data for all locations, including the most remote ones to the open oceans.
Our historical data set spans the entire globe homogeneously, in hourly resolution. The global, unique nature of Spire’s historical weather data set makes it a powerful tool for analysis and correlation of past events.
- Boost your maritime by fuelling your planning engines with 30 years’ of related historical weather data
- Choose the weather variables that you require for your specific maritime use case
- Train your AI models to better predict the impact of weather on your business
Current weather data API
Current weather conditions will give you an analysis of maritime current weather at the current time (what’s happening now).
Save your time, costs and research efforts to maximize your bottom line with the support of Spire Current Weather. Get hyper-specific, accurate current weather insights to optimize your ship routes, improve fuel consumption and vessel performance.
- Align daily operations based on current weather conditions
- Implement effective safety techniques with current maritime weather data
- Reduce business risks by knowing the current weather in your area
Weather forecast API
Easy-to-use Weather forecast APIs with comprehensive maritime weather datasets in gridded 12 km resolution, filtered data, delivered in multiple formats.
Empower your maritime business decisions with Spire’s reliable, user friendly- forecast. Select your weather variables as per your wishes and enjoy its automatic synchronization with maritime tracking capabilities.
- Thousands of daily radio occultation readings collected from Spire’s satellites powering Spire’s weather models to create global, reliable weather forecasts
- 3D global coverage with weather data collected up to 120km
- Access to all points on the planet from the most remote regions to the open oceans
Port Optimized Forecast API
A hyper-local weather forecast tailored for maritime ports.
Seamless, weather forecast insights delivered via our easy-to-use APIs. Our maritime and weather coverage will provide you with complete situational awareness around the port of your interest.
- Easily integrate our user-friendly weather forecast APIs into your analytics platforms
- Access customized weather data packages to suit your business needs
Weather Forecast by Route
Spire’s Weather by Route will provide you with a weather forecast for all the pre-selected waypoints on your specific trajectory over a course of the next ten days.
- Enter your selected waypoints into the weather API
- Get global, reliable weather forecasts for multiple shipping routes
- Protect your assets, better predict ETAs and enhance vessel performance
Historical Weather by Route
Spire’s Historical Weather by Route will give you historical weather data for multiple shipping routes used in the past for all the waypoints for the past 30 years.
- Enter your selected waypoints into the weather API
- Get global, reliable historical weather data for multiple shipping routes
- Identify weather patterns, triggers and do efficient proforma planning
ESRI powered Dashboards
Your new weather intelligence platform
- Spire Weather Analytics transforms data into actionable insights to help solve your business challenges.
- Point-specific dashboards are easy to use, customizable and deliver in-depth insights to help you predict outcomes, test business strategies and receive weather alerts when they cross safety thresholds.
- Evaluate comprehensive relevant weather data at a glance with configurable dashboards layered with data to provide in-depth insights and analysis.
Visualize your most valuable insights
Evaluate data at a glance with configurable dashboards layered with data to provide in-depth insights and analysis.
Customize your view
Filter to show key variable that matter to your business.
Visualize the impact of weather on your business with Spire’s Weather Dashboards
Get actionable weather insights to solve your business challenges. Point-specific dashboards are easy to use, customizable and deliver in-depth insights to help you test business strategies, set up reports and receive weather alerts when they cross safety thresholds.
What our customers say
“The Spire Weather Forecast excels for open ocean weather forecast accuracy. The level of development and speed of innovation that Spire is putting into its models continues to impress us.”
Marketing & Business development manager – Predictwind
“We saw great value by adding Spire Weather to our systems. We achieved an uplift of 20-30% in weather forecast accuracy, yielded substantially better system performance, and saw a positive impact on the TCE results.”
CEO – VESSELBOT
“Weather routing has the potential to drive greater efficiency and emissions reduction as open-ocean conditions greatly impact performance. Partnering with Spire Weather puts genuinely market leading data into the hands of more users allowing them to enhance vessel performance.”
CEO – Zeronorthx