Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) Sales Engineer, you will be the primary technical contact to customers on behalf of Spire's weather products. Successful candidates will have a good balance of experience with meteorology, SaaS applications, APIs, and providing solutions to customers.
- Own the customer journey. Execute product demos and provide technical support for sales calls across multiple sales channels. Onboard our customers. Support them by responding to their questions and replicating their issues. Empower them to get answers quickly by maintaining and adding content to our knowledge base and developer portal.
- Survey and analyze our Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) data to help sales and product teams reach out to potential customers.
- Identify and own critical product issues that impact customers and work with data services to resolve them.
- Raise desired feature requests from customers for future development.
- Working with customers to gather requirements, assist in the selection of data, use cases, sensors and gateways, formulating solutions for analytics and visualization. Supporting Weather opportunities for customers of all sizes in cross Industries.
- Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology
- 2+ years of Enterprise Architecture experience, applied in Solutions Designing.
- 2+ years’ experience in developing Value Propositions which describe and quantify the business value of the solution, including key value drivers which have been confirmed with the client.
- 2+ years’ experience in using market channels to enhance the sale of offerings/solutions
- 2+ years’ experience supporting Clients in one of the following industries; Energy & Utilities, Retail, Insurance, Aviation, Agriculture or Federal
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- 4+ years’ experience in understanding how weather business strategies translate into actions to create products and services that meet the needs and expectations of clients.
- 4+ years’ experience in converting potential opportunities into real opportunities.
- 4+ years’ experience in confirming/gaining Client commitment to implement solution(s). Collaborate with the Client to close the opportunity(s).
- 4+ year’s experience in implement consultative selling by working with the Client in a collaborative fashion, identifying the Client's business issues and strategies, and by understanding what is most important to the Client
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application