Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
At Spire, you’ll have the chance to work with unique solutions that only a few companies in the world can provide. Our growing satellite constellation and ground station network power a wide range of impactful applications including weather forecasting and real-time monitoring of ships and aircraft around the globe. Spire gives you the opportunity to work on exciting technical challenges as part of a team of collaborative engineers who are changing the world with data from our satellites. We promise you this: you’ll never be bored at Spire.
As Sales Engineer, you will join a growing team responsible for the sale and support of Spire’s products and services to the US Federal Government. If you have a strong technical background and a passion for finding data-driven solutions to complex customer problems, apply today!
Responsibilities of your role:
- Work as part of a small team to provide technical sales support throughout the sales cycle, supporting pre-sales discussions with customers to assess requirements and recommend the best possible solutions.
- Support customer data delivery, serving as the focal point for technical support throughout the customer onboarding process and contract lifecycle.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations explaining Spire’s products and services to prospective customers.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts within the organization to assess feasibility of customer-driven solutions, refine scope and technical details of complex programs, and generally represent the voice and requirements of the customer within the organization throughout the sales cycle.
- Serve as a primary liaison between the sales team and technical product teams and provide routine product updates and training to the sales staff.
- Support the sales team in the development of technical proposals, generating or sourcing technical content specific to the customer’s application or problem set in a timely manner to ensure customer deadlines and sales objectives are met.
- Work closely with the sales team and product managers to identify gaps in current capabilities to drive the product roadmap and enhance offerings to the customer base.
Basic Qualifications / Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in sales engineering or alternative customer-facing technical role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of technical and work experience
Strong candidates will also possess skills or have direct experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Satellite-based remote sensing and data collection
- Working with GIS tools (i.e. ArcGIS) to manipulate and visualize different types of large data sets for product demonstrations or analysis
- Experience working with cloud-based platforms and APIs
- Application or script development experience
- Knowledge of satellite design and operations simulation software (i.e. STK)
- Working with relational and non-relational database theory and practice (i.e. PostgresQL, Redis, ORMs, consistent hashing)
- Familiarity with tools and techniques in distributed systems and handling large volumes of streaming data: queues, RPCs, serialization, versioning, eventual consistency, exactly/at-most/at-least-once message semantics
- Strong interpersonal skills for building relationships with clients and effectively communicating with other members of cross-functional teams
- Strong comprehension skills to enable timely understanding of complex customer requirements and identification of thorough and sometimes custom solutions
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.