Orbital Services Product Manager
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire's Orbital Services enable our customers to deploy their own sensor network in space, either as a hosted payload, Spire-designed payload, or a virtual payload. Orbital Services take advantage of Spire's existing process, infrastructure, and technology used by our own data businesses and offer customers a rapid and de-risked service that obviates the need for space expertise. We allow new sensors to go from design to launch in just 6 months.
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and hands-on Product Manager to join our Orbital Services teams.
In this position, you will become the specialist in your markets, and work closely with the Satellite Design & Manufacturing and Software Engineering teams to define, scope, and execute on our product innovations.
You will be responsible for understanding customer and business needs, while driving our product roadmap for your market to ensure the success of our Orbital Services solutions.
You will collaborate with the business development, sales engineering, and program manager teams to deliver customer-driven products that consistently exceed expectations.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Develop and maintain a clear vision and roadmap for the product you own, and define the overall strategy for our Orbital Services products and services
- Become an internal specialist in the industry you are responsible for, develop and maintain a strong understanding of our customer base and our core business value to ensure we continuously deliver more value to our customers
- Translate product strategy into detailed product requirements, validated by prototypes, customer feedback and research
- Work with our engineering team(s) to rapidly iterate on new product concepts to mature requirements prior to commercialization
- Be a visionary on data services and data tools to help customers easily manage and ingest data received from their in-orbit sensors
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development teams to execute against go-to-market campaigns and deliver customer engagement plans
- Contribute to the elaboration of commercial propositions to external stakeholders (commercial or public institutions) targeting the development of our Orbital Services products and services
- Master’s Degree engineering-oriented education or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in product management, technical product management, or related roles, ideally in the Space sector.
- Aerospace background or experience working with satellite products will be a major plus
- Proven experience in driving product development under a strong customer-focused mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to distill customer insights into clear requirements and strategy plans
- Strong analytical skills, with proven experience of making data-driven decisions that lead to positive results
- Business and technical understanding, able to communicate technical issues in terms of business risk and vice versa.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate and present arguments and recommendations via the written word
- Strong knowledge of data and/or API product development
- Experience in startups and/or data companies
- MBA Preferred
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. Our employees represent over 32 countries, across 6 different continents.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.