Marketing & Sales Qualification Specialist
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
About Spire Maritime
We design and operate our own constantly evolving satellite constellation and predictive models, giving you unparalleled access to maritime data you can act on. Revolutionize the way our customers make logistics decisions, save time and money through operational improvements, and monitor suspicious activity across the globe using insights delivered through our flexible vessel tracking and weather APIs.
The Lead Qualification Specialist will focus daily on contacting potential customers, gathering data about customer needs and tracking their needs in the CRM system with a goal to generate Sales Qualified Leads for the Sales team. This position requires clear communication, selling, presentation, and leadership skills when working with customers, stakeholders, commercial teams, marketing, and leadership teams.
Responsibilities of your role
- Generate qualified leads for the sales team, working alongside our marketing team to create a robust process of identifying, mining and qualifying the leads;
- Qualify all form submissions generated from marketing efforts (Web, PPC, email, ABM, webinars, etc.) and conduct campaign follow-ups to improve awareness and conversions;
- Steady follow-up of incoming leads and inquiries from digital and non-digital sources (such as events) using at least 7 touch points until reaching a live person to uncover needs and qualify potential future sales. Ability to be proactive and persistent is key to success;
- Explain the Spire Maritime product suite and educate warm leads and potential customers on the Spire Maritime vision;
- Identify key contacts / decision makers, prospect needs, suggest appropriate solutions and provide detailed feedback to the sales, marketing, and product teams through reporting and HubSpot platform;
- Communicate product and service opportunities, information or pertinent feedback garnered through prospecting conversations to appropriate internal resources;
- Work with marketing, sales, and product management teams to gain an understanding of the products, applications, and value prop in order to have an educated conversation with the customer;
- Stay up to date with industry trends, product roadmap, releases and development, competitive landscape and new offerings.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of sales development and/or lead qualification experience;
- Able to work flexible hours to cover at least 2 time zones;
- Strong communication and selling skills;
- Able to conduct data entry to capture prospect / lead / customer contact information.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Maritime industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a maritime background not required, but a plus
- Good communicator / outstanding oral and written communication skills and the ability to articulate complex products, solutions, and processes.
- “Professionally social” – enjoys speaking on the phone with prospects and customers; demonstrates natural yet professional phone approach; able to build rapport during phone conversation.
- Able to navigate an organization politely and thoughtfully to reach key decision makers and influencers.
- Quick on his/her feet – able to ask thoughtful questions, able to respond to objections and identify ways for Spire Maritime to gain access to site / contact.
- Understanding of database management, lead routing, and lead handling process mapping.
- Self-starter who brings the level of enthusiastic spirit, reliability, creativity, commitment, patience, and humor it takes to work within a fast-growing, and quickly evolving, organization.
Metrics That Individual’s Performance Will Be Measured Against
- Average number of calls performed per day;
- Number of contacts reached and qualified;
- Number of sales accepted leads generated per period (week / month);
- Number of sales accepted leads that move forward in the funnel (quality component).
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.