Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
As a Senior Meteorologist, you will be the primary liaison for internal customer-focused stakeholders working with teams in sales engineering, marketing, business continuity, product management, and program execution. As an expert on Spire’s weather model output, optimization of output for external consumption, and overall forecast quality tracking and improvement, you will work closely with product development, verification, and engineering/infrastructure teams to ensure appropriate deliverables to customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders.
- Primary point of contact for customer-related meteorological inquiries, working with Sales, Marketing, and Sales Engineers to provide timely preparation and response in the areas of forecast quality, data experiences, trials, and other inquiries where operational meteorological expertise or interpretation of model output is required
- Primary focus will include overall forecast quality, liaising with Product Management Product Engineering & Verification, Engineering Operations, Data Assimilation, and NWP modeling teams to provide optimum support and solutions to customer-facing and business development teams
- Provide predictive analyses for anticipated major weather events and retrospectives once major weather events have occurred, reporting on internal forecast performance
- Help create data stories and capture future weather events and produce corresponding retrospectives for significant weather events to highlight performance and/or create stories to help build Spire weather brand awareness
- Integration, assimilation, analysis, and response from customer and prospect feedback
- Create visualization/summaries of event-specific retrospectives to support marketing, brand, IR, and PR
- Produce or participate in the production of Produce Description Documents (PDDs), meteorological papers, white papers, or other documentation to support the technical and business advantages of Spire weather
- Provide meteorological and technical support for escalated issues from the 24/7 customer responsiveness team
- Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences
- 7+ years of experience providing forecasting, weather data, or meteorological support to corporate customers or end-users
- 5+ years’ experience supporting weather clients in one or more of the following industries; Renewable Energy, Maritime, Aviation, Retail, Insurance, or Agriculture
- 5+ years of experience managing weather data quality, global weather model output, or regional weather model output, providing such data to corporate customers and national meteorological agencies
- 5+ years of experience interpreting data and supporting weather forecast output to corporate customers and/or strategic partners
- Strong communications and presentation skills including demonstrated ability to present technical information to general audiences
- Experience working with international government, US Federal government, or international commercial business channels or partners
- Demonstrated understanding of how weather business strategies translate into actions to create solutions that meet customer needs and expectations
- Global awareness and vigilance to prepare for impending significant weather events worldwide to build a constantly evolving portfolio of weather event analyses
- Master’s Degree in Meteorology, Atmospheric Sciences, or Business Administration
Colorado salary range: $107k - 144k
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.