Program Manager, Space Services
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Through Spire Space Services, customers build and operate their own satellite constellations on top of Spire’s proven satellite, ground, and web infrastructure. In your role, you will be instrumental in our customers’ success, managing the schedule and budget of the deployment of their applications to space.
We are looking for proactive Program Managers with experience of major account management; building close relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver operational excellence, and maximize potential for repeat orders.
This role is based out of our Washington DC office. Spire operates a hybrid in-office schedule and candidates must be able and willing to work 3x per week out of our Washington, DC office (located in Tyson's Corner, VA).
As a Program Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of program management from initial planning, through execution and monitoring, to program completion, including a focus on timely delivery, budgets, resource allocation and management, and scope management. The role also includes providing support, planning and oversight to proposals for new programs. As this is a customer-facing role, you will directly interface with representatives with customer teams and will be responsible for documenting and communicating essential information as well as leading discussions or initiatives to drive desired outcomes and conclusions.
The successful candidate will work with a variety of stakeholders to ensure deliverables and milestones are met within scope and budget. This role will work across several departments to ensure aspects of various programs are compatible with resources to fulfil program requirements.
- Serve as the customer's primary point of contact during the program and ensure full customer satisfaction throughout
- Lead development and maintenance of comprehensive program plans to enable appropriate resourcing, execution, monitoring and control
- Drive and influence on-time, within scope, and within budget delivery of programs
- Lead collaboration with procurement, manufacturing and engineering disciplines to manage program deliveries
- Perform proactive risk management, actively working to mitigate and retire program risks
- Develop high-level knowledge of Spire satellite, payload, and operations systems to assist customers during the development of their service with Spire, escalating to and working with Spire technical teams and subject matter experts as required
- Lead development of schedules, scope, risk and cost assessments for new program proposals
- Sound business judgement, commercial acumen and ability to solve complex problems
- Negotiating and influencing skills, establishing and maintaining relationships that promote a successful program outcome
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing complex programs in space, defense, aerospace or similar industry
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or applicable field of study or equivalent work experience
- Successful track record driving resource, scope, and schedule management across multiple programs simultaneously
- Must hold full U.S. Citizenship
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to apply critical and strategic thinking to shape solutions out of complexity
- Flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity and issues
- Experience interfacing and negotiating directly with commercial customers
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills with the ability to win the confidence of highly skilled engineers and executive staff alike
- Adept at building consensus across cross-functional teams
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong English language verbal and written communications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $130,000 to $171,000. Final base salary for this role will be based on the location, skills, experience and qualifications. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for annual equity awards and our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. #LI-JP1
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.