Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and hands-on Product Manager to join our Spire Weather product management team. In this position, you will become the specialist in your market, and work closely with the other product managers and the weather engineering team to define, scope, and execute on our product innovations. You will have experience with building data products and will be responsible for understanding customer and business data needs, while driving our product roadmap for your market to ensure the success of our data and analytics solutions. You will collaborate with the sales, marketing, and customer success teams to deliver customer-driven products that consistently exceed expectations.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Develop and maintain a clear vision and roadmap for the product you own, and collaborate with the product management team on defining the overall strategy for our commercial weather forecast data products and services
- Become an internal specialist in the weather-affected industry you are responsible for, develop and maintain a strong understanding of our customer base and our core business value to ensure we continuously deliver more value to our customers
- Translate product strategy into detailed product requirements, validated by prototypes, customer feedback and research.
- Work with our engineering team(s) to rapidly iterate on new product concepts to mature requirements prior to commercialization
- Be a visionary on data services and data tools to help customers to ingest and manage data services
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales teams to execute against go-to-market campaigns and deliver customer engagement plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, meteorology, or engineering-oriented education or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in product management, technical product management, or related roles.
- Meteorology background or experience working with meteorology products will be a major plus
- Proven experience in driving product development under a strong customer-focused mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to distill customer insights into clear requirements and strategy plans
- Strong analytical skills, with proven experience of making data-driven decisions that lead to positive results
- Hands-on experience with maritime and/or agriculture industries
- Business and technical understanding, able to communicate technical issues in terms of business risk and vice versa.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate and present arguments and recommendations via the written word
- Strong knowledge of data and/or API product development
- Experience in startups and/or data companies
- MBA Preferred
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. Our employees represent over 32 countries, across 6 different continents.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application