Senior Software Engineer, Weather Products
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Weather Product Data Engineering team and help take our product pipeline, APIs, and other product delivery infrastructure to another level. You’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on our products and infrastructure as we continue to grow our portfolio of data and services.
- Have a customer- and product-driven focus and mindset
- Design, implement, maintain, and document web services and APIs
- Be comfortable moving across domains (software, infrastructure, science) and projects
- Ability to deliver when it counts with a collaborative spirit
- Handling large, complex datasets and creating repeatable, reusable code. This applies to the whole software development lifecycle starting from the development of proof-of-concepts up to operational services
- Design and develop cloud-native data pipelines and APIs for Earth Observation data-related use cases
- Support the user implementation through architecture guidance, best practices, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting and monitoring
- Keep abreast with industry trends, advancements, and best practices in this domain and leverage this knowledge to drive innovation by starting new proof-of-concepts
- Responsible for engaging across multiple business areas including engineering, project management, business development, and after-sales support
- Apply industry standard security best practices
Qualifications / Experience:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and cloud-native architectures
- Proficiency with Python and Linux
- Demonstrated experience creating and managing data processing pipelines for large geophysical datasets
- History of work in a mission-critical, production or operational environment
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following:
- Leveraging the Pangeo ecosystem for large-scale data analysis
- Building and/or managing large-scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform and Cloudformation
- Building and scaling high-quality APIs
Spire operates a hybrid work model, and this position will require you to work a minimum of three days per week in office.
Access to US export controlled software and/or technology may be required.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $171,000 to $200,000. Final base salary for this role will be based on the location, skills, experience and qualifications. In addition to base compensation, this role may be eligible for annual equity awards and our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.