Accounts Payable Specialist - Glasgow
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our in-house team in the Glasgow office. The Accounts Payable Specialist will be working in a global, fast pace environment supporting the finance team.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Accounts Payable
- Oversight, control, and leadership of the company’s Global AP processing function
- Liaise with suppliers and relevant internal departments over queries on account
- Maximise working capital through management of aged creditor reports
- Ensure accurate coding and detailing of Vendor invoices is used
- Maintain, reconcile, and ensure accuracy of goods received not invoiced balances. Liaise with other departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of records
- Perform vendor reconciliations and generate vendor payments
- Retain records in accordance with local and company standards for all entities
- Vendor statement reconciliations
- Accounts payable month end reporting & KPI management
- Reconciliation of automated payment clearing account
- Developed and drive improvements on current process
- Other Ad-hoc Duties
- 2+ years of experience as senior Account Payable role
- Full understanding of the Procure to Pay process
- Experience of multi-currency environment preferred
- Intermediate experience with excel
- Understanding of basic book-keeping
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethic
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Previous Netsuite experience
- Previous experience using an AP Solution
- Previous experience with details with global locations
- Previous experience creating desktop procedures within the AP process
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Want to join us?
We are constantly looking for bright growth-minded people to join our teams around the world. If you would like to join us you can email your CV here: Send my application