Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire is hiring a motivated Director, Communications to fuel the public relations awareness of Spire businesses, work with Spire’s PR agency of record to secure top-tier press hits, manage our social media engine, and work with Spire customers to help them tell their Spire success stories. This individual will be responsible for managing public relations programs, thought leadership, and building a world-class PR engine. This position reports to the Head of Communications and will work cross-functionally and collaboratively across marketing and the company as a whole. The role is global in scope.
- Build and scale Spire’s Communications/PR/Social/Customer Marketing programs to align with company’s rapid growth
- Manage Spire’s thought leadership program leveraging the expertise of Spire’s executives, product and engineering leaders, customers and partners
- Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, case studies, bylined articles, blog posts, social media and video content
- Respond to media inquiries and manage and perform media outreach, in concert with PR agency to achieve placement in business, space, and technology publications and broadcast media
- Align and synchronize all of Spire’s various business unit PR agencies, so they’re all performing in concert, singing the same tune, and each firing on the piston it needs to fire on
- Manage awards and speakers programs for company and customers
- Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
- Recruit customer references that align to sales, product growth, and key marketing initiatives
- Implement and manage customer reference systems
- Liaise with and drive accelerated workstreams with legal for content review
- Work closely with Spire sales, demand generation, and product marketing, and business team leads to identify customer references to speak with the press, prospects and externally.
- 10 + years of communications experience at a technology company and/or agency
- 2 + years experience managing and building out communications/PR and customer reference programs
- Prior experience in the space, or SaaS data analytics industry preferred
- Data-driven individual who measures and tracks success of programs
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Strong media relationships with Tier 1 and technology press
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Creativity to build innovative programs that optimize marketing dollars
- Proven track record of prioritizing and delivering results within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.