Signal Processing Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire’s Earth Intelligence Team is growing a portfolio of Earth observations and position, navigation, and time (PNT) products ranging from atmospheric profiles and surface soil moisture to GNSS systems monitoring. Our current products rely on unique measurements collected by our growing constellation of nanosatellites. The Signal Processing Engineer will join this team to expand into applications requiring precise navigation, timing, and geolocation expertise.
As a Signal Processing Engineer, you will work across the various disciplines of satellite remote sensing and data analysis, signal processing, and geolocation services. You will work with the world’s premier nanosatellite Earth observations and GNSS team to develop products harnessing our unique software-defined payloads. You will develop the signal processing algorithms and codes to turn GNSS and other payload measurements into valuable products for a wide variety of global customers. You will have the responsibility to ensure that we deliver high-quality, low-latency services and products and the freedom to pursue novel, high-impact applications. And instead of your ideas and efforts sitting on a shelf or hidden in an academic journal, you will see and experience them actually working in space within months of joining Spire.
- Conceives and scopes projects based on services such as signal detection, acquisition, and geolocation derived from raw data sets collected by satellites.
- Contributes to system-level design and implementation of real-time LEO PNT solutions.
- Fluency in geolocation algorithms such as TDOA, FDOA, and other novel techniques that can be applied to single and multi-receiver configurations.
- Develops Python/C algorithms for matched filter processing for the detection and extraction of both known and unknown signal types.
- Develops Python/C tools and codes for raw data set characterization (SNR, modulation type, etc.)
- Authors or substantially contributes to proposals, documentation, and procedures for internal and external customers.
- Applicants must have either an MSc or Ph.D. degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, or another field related to PNT or geolocation services.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python and C.
- Demonstrated signal processing and DSP experience, preferably using satellite-based observations.
- Demonstrated experience working with satellite-based PNT (e.g., GNSS) signals and systems.
- Advanced signal processing techniques for detecting and characterizing a priori unknown signal structures.
- Knowledge and research experience in satellite remote sensing.
- Understanding of research and techniques in processing geoscience data.
- Experience with coding for GPUs and other compute-intensive platforms.
- Proficiency in C or C++ programming.
- Extensive Linux and open-source background experience.
- Experience writing technical reports and proposals.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.