Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
To fuel its Research & Development efforts, Spire partners with varied national and international public institutions offering technical guidance, funding and access to networks to support projects with positive societal or economic benefits. Spire is looking for a talented Program Manager to ensure the smooth implementation of those different partnerships, ensure their alignment with its long term development strategy, and identify additional development opportunities.
The Program Manager role at Spire provides the opportunity to engage with high impact, global issues that intersect economic development and public policy, focused research and development strategy and revenue generation. It requires a mindset that can provide structure to a problem, be analytical in the approach to collecting data, and be comfortable with an industry that is often opaque and inchoate.
This role is by nature transverse, sitting at the intersection of strategy, operations and business development across product lines and company divisions, offering a 360° perspective on the company’s different activities. Concretely, you will be tasked with a variety of highly time-sensitive assignments, from preparing presentations to industry and political leaders , to preparing multi-million euros tenders for space agencies, large companies or small start-ups – and to manage delivery once procurement has been completed.
Versatility will be the key parameter in ensuring that you are able to keep track of many simultaneously unfolding projects and proposals, across multiple countries, with very different stakeholders. You will have to constantly interact with product managers, software engineers, business developers, finance and marketing teams, and corporate leaders, and will be instrumental to deliver documents, projects and proposals on time.
A level of technical understanding of the tasks in your portfolio will be important, both within and outside of the company, that will ensure you can perform your responsibilities efficiently.
The role will report directly into Spire’s Strategy & Planning team and will interact closely with senior executives in Luxembourg, San Francisco and Glasgow, and will collaborate with others in Washington, DC, Boulder and Singapore.
The position offers the best potential for an individual that demonstrates their ability to execute, desire to continue developing new skills, and judgment in taking on increasingly autonomous responsibility.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Identify external funding opportunities that align with internal product development roadmaps
- Manage closely relationship with and reporting to institutional partners
- Manage bid process and delivery of tenders
- Coordinate teams for the execution of projects won
- Draft and deliver documents/presentations (proposals, business plans, project deliverables)
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of markets, products, and customer segments
- Collect internal information from product managers, engineers and commercial collaborators (e.g., product changes, technology enhancements)
- Research, structuring, development, and presentation for internal and external stakeholders (both technical and commercial).
- Presenting business and technical information to internal and external stakeholders
- 3+ years of practical experience which includes:
- Extensive experience dealing with disparate or unclear information, making realistic estimations, and seeking answers to the right questions to achieve the most in depth understanding of a particular problem or industry
- Handling multiple projects at once, while knowing how to prioritize and execute
- Taking ownership and driving projects forward independently
- Sensitivity and judgment in working effectively with colleagues/ clients/ partners by understanding different work and communication styles
- Working collaboratively across teams and cultures to a global capacity
- Knowledge of document management methods
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills (e.g., ability to develop business cases and business plans, to assess market or investment opportunities)
- Impeccable business writing skills and ability to adjust tone depending on context, demonstrated through the development of various documents (e.g., tenders, corporate presentation, communication materials, etc.)
- 3+ years experience with Excel (Google Sheet), Word (Google Docs) and PowerPoint (Google Slides)
- Experience in a top-tier management consulting firm
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- Experience in the space or data analytics sectors
- Engineering education university degree
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.