Head of Product Marketing, Maritime
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
About Spire Maritime
We design and operate our own constantly evolving satellite constellation and predictive models, giving you unparalleled access to maritime data you can act on. Revolutionize the way our customers make logistics decisions, save time and money through operational improvements, and monitor suspicious activity across the globe using insights delivered through our flexible vessel tracking and weather APIs.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will work closely with a team of marketers responsible for the messaging, packaging, and promoting of our products to market. You will also be responsible for bringing new products, features and services to market, working closely with our product, marketing and sales teams. This is a core role at the heart of all operations, from product development to marketing to sales. This role requires a strong point of view and supporting strategy for the Maritime data and analytics industry, as well as an understanding of industry trends and the importance of data for the maritime market. The role would also be involved in engaging with customers and in taking new and existing products to market.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Provide clear go-to-market leadership and governance to ensure our maritime products and services tell a compelling challenger story showcasing our differentiators, and meet expected business units benchmarks every time;
- Responsible for ensuring through the market area strategy and the appropriate product portfolio mix and appropriate positioning. Develop recommendations and business cases for new product concepts and existing product modifications in line with the overall market area strategy.
- Maintain a high and accurate knowledge level of maritime data business concepts, business processes, and efficiency factors in order to determine the strategy for pricing, messaging, packaging, promotion, and selling of our products. This will include a strong knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Direct the development of product marketing strategy by working within a cross-functional team (engineering, product development, marketing, sales), and participate in reviewing and approving the short and long-range operating objectives and plans, developing and integrating the individual market area plans and strategies into an overall market area plan to achieve maximum revenue growth in support of the business unit strategy.
- Review and evaluate the market area performance on a continuing basis and establish the proper measures of performance; provide direction for modification in work plans or implementation of contingency plans in accordance with prevailing business conditions.
- Identify timely and appropriate business plans to support the strategic goals of the market area. Work with a cross-functional team on the development of the business case.
- Work with the cross-functional team to ensure the success and adoption of our maritime products as they go to market by making data-driven decisions to move products forward and hit company goals.
- Train and support sales and customer support teams on new tools and products.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of product marketing and/or go-to-market strategy experience.
- Ability to effectively work with a cross-functional team through a high degree of movement and change. Demonstrates consistent ability to set a vision, prioritize, cut through the noise and execute through ambiguity.
- Domain expertise in the Maritime space, ideally satellite / terrestrial AIS data and analytics as a vendor and/or as a client;
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Self-starter excels in self-directing, solution seeker, seeks new opportunities, does things without being told, requires minimum supervision. Is consistently accurate, delivers high-quality work, and on time. Looks for lasting results and long-term solutions.
- Skills required include business acumen, strategic planning, organizational assessment, creativity, highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills, quantitative analytical abilities, and outstanding communication skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and employ these skills to interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at a senior level.
- Understands how go-to-market strategy impacts product development and vice versa, and can translate product marketing strategy into brand awareness, leads, and customers.
- Comfortable working from limited information, asking new questions, seeking new answers to old questions. Continuously seeks to improve and standardize processes, systems, has and demonstrates a strong bias towards building go-to-market strategies that work, iterate and scale.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.