Business Development Executive, Earth Intelligence
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to build pipeline, drive customer engagement, and sell Earth Intelligence to customers on a global basis. The position will sell across all of Spire's Earth Intelligence data sets, with a specific focus on Radio Occultation, GNSS-R, and space weather data. In this role, you will have significant direct visibility and engagement with VP and Senior Management level executives.
Responsibilities of your role:
- Develop a full understanding of Spire’s infrastructure, datasets, and future capabilities through ongoing engagement and relationship building with Spire technical teams
- Proactively identify potential customers across national weather centers, military users, commercial entities, and research organizations to drive interest, structure transactions, and close deals
- Interact with relevant multilateral organizations across the Global Weather Enterprise to ensure Spire's interests are represented
- Create appropriate marketing and proposal materials for each opportunity in cooperation with Spire internal teams
- Track opportunities through the meticulous use of the Spire CRM system
- Undertake autonomous work effort and know when / how to keep Spire management informed
- Take full responsibility for opportunity life-cycle and marshalling of appropriate Spire resources
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 8+ years related experience in business development, with a strong background working with foreign governmental institutions.
- Proven ability to deliver deals with government agencies.
- Ability to order competing priorities and analyze the ROI of an opportunity
- Demonstrated experience with complex bid management.
- Proven ability to generate 8-figure pipeline and generate revenue by closing 7-figure deals
- Strong relationship building, influencing, communication and facilitation skills during times of uncertainty, rapid change, aggressive timelines, budget constraints and operational requirements
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge and understanding of Global Weather Enterprise
- Extensive international experience
- Knowledge of the space sector and its stakeholders
- Foreign language skills
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.