Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The Senior Accountant is a key position within the Spire Finance team. This role reports directly to the US Accounting Manager. It is expected that the Senior Accountant, will be a key contributor in the successful execution of Spire’s global finance strategy including, but not limited to, the remaining integration activities between exactEarth and Spire. This position offers a great opportunity for candidates to join a rapidly growing company in a unique industry.
This position is based out of the San Francisco office (OK with a Remote/Hybrid Arrangement).
- Preparation of accounting entries and inputs in NetSuite including, but not limited to: Inter-company transactions, Accruals, Commissions, Capital asset tracking, Prepaid expenses, and Financing transactions
- Responsible for the reconciliation of US Bank accounts, inclusive of entering transactions weekly and performing monthly bank reconciliations
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly or quarterly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Be an active member of the month-end close process. Take initiative to prepare monthly and quarterly lead sheets, variance analysis and journal entries
- Assist in compiling and analyzing company’s financial statements, notes, and other regulatory documents
- Liaise with external auditors on a timely basis
- Internal control compliance and testing
- Adhere to US GAAP financial accounting standards and guidelines
- Research and prepare accounting/financial reporting memos, proposing the accounting treatment for complex accounting issues US GAAP
- Work closely with other members of Spire’s global finance and accounting team
- Prioritize multiple projects and deadlines at the same time
- Ad hoc accounting and reporting duties, as needed
- 5+ years’ Full-cycle accounting and/or audit experience preferably in an international setting
- Strengths in NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, including the ability to perform and understand complex formulas (including lookups and PivotTables) required
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to collaborate cross-departmentally and take initiative when needed
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Problem solving skills as it relates to accounting systems and complex accounting
- Ability to work both individually and with a diverse team of people across every functional area and at all levels of the corporation
- Willing and able to take the initiative to problem solve and troubleshoot/address any issues that may arise head-on
- Able to meet tight deadlines, work efficiently and work extended hours (if needed)
- An analytical mind and strong attention-to-detail
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to have:)
- “Big 4” and/or audit experience working for a CPA firm
- Public company reporting experience
- Designated CPA
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.