Senior Paralegal / Junior Legal Counsel
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a collaborative superstar to work in our commercial contracts team. As a Senior Paralegal, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our world-class legal team to manage Spire’s commercial relationships with suppliers and customers. You will have to understand the entire business, from radio occultation to data distribution rights. But most importantly, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in an industry that is heading up and to the right.
Main Responsibilities of your role:
- Support members of the Commercial Legal Team with the drafting, review, and negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts and legal issues (e.g. suppliers/vendors agreements, NDAs, contract amendments, service agreements, etc).
- Assist with the maintenance and management of Spire Contract Lifecycle Management queue (including reviewing standard customer contracts).
- Work closely with Spire’s Sales team to ensure customer contracts are consistent and inline with contracting policies, including assisting business requestors or internal clients understand how to finalise their contracts by securing legal approvals.
- Assist with implementing new legal processes and automation tools for Spire’s business teams.
- Provide administrative support such as filing, scanning documents, maintaining databases up-to-date, and other contract administration tasks as needed.
- Handle day-to-day requests and queries from Spire’s business teams; raise and escalate legal issues to the senior team as necessary.
- Law Degree
- Established track record of contract review and collaborative engagement at a law firm or within a company
- 5 years’ experience at a law firm or multinational company
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams and autonomously as needed
- Ability to work in the EU
- Previous experience in communication, satellite or big data industry is a big plus
- Proven track record of experience in contract management and negotiating standard terms and conditions, customer sales, and distribution
- Able to communicate with and influence a wide range of internal stakeholders and external decision makers
- Fluent (C2) spoken and written English. Other languages are a bonus
- Ability to dig into the details to generate creative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- International and domestic travel may be required when permitted
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.