Senior Product Manager, Maritime
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
We are looking for a strategic, hands-on, Sr. Product Manager to join our Spire Maritime product management team. Spire Maritime data is a combination of Spire Satellite data, associated tools for analytics and visualisation, and third-party data that enables our customers to optimise businesses.
In this position, you will work closely with the maritime engineering team, the product marketing team, the data operations team, and 3rd party data providers. You will have experience with building data products and will be responsible for understanding customer and business data needs, while driving our product roadmap to ensure the success of our data and analytics solutions. You will collaborate with the sales, marketing, and customer success teams to deliver customer-driven products that consistently exceed expectations.
- Help drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the development and delivery of the Spire maritime solutions into both existing and new markets
- Be a visionary on data services and data tools to help customers to ingest and manage the Spire services
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the market, our customer base, and core business value in maritime to ensure we continuously deliver more value to our customers
- Work with our engineering team(s) to rapidly iterate on new product concepts to mature requirements prior to commercialization
- Translate product strategy into detailed product requirements, validated by prototypes, customer feedback and research.
- Work directly with the Engineering, Sales, Product Marketing, and Customer Success leads to execute the product roadmap with fast iteration cycles
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams to execute against go-to-market campaigns and deliver customer engagement plans
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 3-5 related experience in product management in data companies
- Experience with data analysis, software/testing validation, and the ability to deal with large volumes of data is strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to distil customer insights into clear requirements and strategy plans
- Strong analytical skills, with proven experience of making data-driven decisions that lead to positive results
- Experience working on projects/programs implementing software and process solutions in a high-performance agile development environment
- Strong relationship building, influencing, communication and facilitation skills during times of uncertainty, rapid change, aggressive timelines, budget constraints, ambiguity, and operational requirements
- Familiarization with maritime products and strong knowledge of data and API product development
- Proven experience in driving product development under a customer focused mindset
- Displays strong writing skills and the ability to communicate and present arguments and recommendations via the written word
- Ability to collaborate and motivate remote team efforts and partners across organizational boundaries
- A mix of business and technical understanding, translating into the ability to articulate technical issues in terms of business risk
- Delivery focused, willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.