People Business Partner
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Spire is seeking a Senior People Partner, who is passionate about adding value to the organization by helping to drive Spire’s strategic initiatives in complex environments as the business continues to scale globally. Reporting directly to the Global Head- People Partners, this both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full-cycle support to leaders and employees primarily across locations in North America, but as part of a Global People Partner team.
Your ability to understand the business and its priorities will help you to act as an influential partner and consultant for leaders in driving talent management and succession planning, people development and career planning, performance management, workforce planning and manager coaching. In addition, you will partner with your People Partner colleagues globally to establish learning and development strategies, to manage the employee life cycle - including onboarding and off-boarding - to manage employee relations cases, and to drive diversity, equity, inclusion, and engagement efforts across the business. You will be an advocate for and a leader representing the Spire Values.
- Understand and use business goals to recommend new talent approaches to effect continuous improvements in a growing business through our people.
- Hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Interface, coach, and mentor managers across the company.
- Execute an effective full cycle talent development program using a data driven approach.
- Think big but also not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves."
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts and provide support for initiatives aimed at fostering and enriching an inclusive employee experience.
- Contribute to HR projects as defined by the People Team.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from different cultures in different time zones.
- Assist managers to address performance, develop employees to grow into new roles, and have difficult conversations.
- Facilitate internal career mobility discussions with employees and managers.
- 6-8+ years’ experience as HR Business Partner in multi-national technical corporation
- Ability to understand business goals as well as design and implement new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continuous improvements for leaders and employees
- Proficient in the use of HR systems, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
- Strong relationship & coaching skills; strong communicator (written and presentation skills)
- Demonstrated ability to interact with team members at all levels
- Conflict resolution skills with the ability to negotiate and reach agreement through understanding opposing views, discussion, and compromise
- Able to manage occasional travel between offices in support of business units
- BS or BA in Human Resources or similar degree
Preferred Qualifications (Nice to Have):
- The ability to challenge the status quo and disrupt for the benefit of the company
- Solutions focused and comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables
- Can operate with autonomy, discretion, and a true hands-on approach
- The ability to use data to drive decisions
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environments
- Analytical, intellectual capacity to learn very quickly
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills and solutions focused
- High tolerance for dealing with ambiguity and on-going change
- Good understanding of US employment law, policies & systems
- Prior experience working with/ in the space or technology industry
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.