VP Global Sales, Maritime
Spire is a space-to-cloud data and analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth. Spire’s proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation and weather tracking in the global market. Operating in four countries across four continents, Spire is a truly international company. We are scaling incredibly fast and are looking for highly motivated team players who will help us continue to grow on the ground, and in space.
The Spire Maritime business is our largest business unit and is revolutionizing the way maritime data is collected, analyzed and delivered. We deliver smart, flexible API’s and analytics, that allow companies to easily access the highest quality data to help them make better operational decisions. The Maritime data platform is a combination of Spire Satellite data, associated tools for analytics and visualization and additional 3rd party datasets that enable our customers to optimize their businesses. Our customer segments include Shipping, Logistics, Trade, Finance & Insurance and the Government sector and we are rapidly expanding into additional segments.
We are seeking an experienced global sales leader who can lead an existing, and performing, Maritime sales organization through our next stage of rapid growth.. This experienced sales leader will own the Maritime sales strategy as well as the existing sales functions including, sales engineering, sales development representatives, commercial and government direct sales, inside sales, resellers and account management. Reporting to the Maritime CEO and working closely with Spires’s Global SVP, Sales the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, a team builder and leader, and adept at effectively working across multiple functions and other business units at Spire.
We promise you this: you’ll never be bored at Spire…
- Lead a world-class sales organization including sales engineering, sales development representatives, commercial and government direct sales, inside sales, resellers and account management to achieve defined sales goals
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of top-tier sales experience located in several parts of the globe and in multiple time zones
- Identify resource and hiring needs across the organization and collaborate with the Talent team to ensure hiring objectives and goals are met
- Develop and execute strategic and operating plans to substantially grow the business
- Work with Strategic Partners, build and maintain customer relationships and make key business connections that are essential for growing the Maritime business
- Define, institutionalize, and track the business metrics and key performance indicators essential to building a predictable, profitable, and sustainable high growth Maritime business
- Develop budgets and forecasts to accurately report and communicate results
- Work closely with the VP, Marketing to identify new opportunities and significantly grow the pipeline and lead capture of new customers
- Implement scalable processes and infrastructure to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with product management, product marketing, engineering and other support functions to devise the most practical solution for the customers.
- Actively travel with Sales and Channel Managers to attend demos, performance visits, and join key/strategic customer demos and meeting
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience as an executive sales leader for SaaS-based enterprise applications
- Understanding of the Maritime ecosystem is highly desirable
- You have managed and grown a book of business from $50m to $100m
- Experience in selling transactional deals, contracting and an understanding of both commercial and government acquisition mechanisms
- Experience implementing and using data analytics to glean direct insight on how customers are using Spire products, what is working, what difficulties need to be addressed and how to focus sales efforts to maximize customer lifetime value
- Ability to drive initiatives from start to finish, working both alone and within teams
- Vast experience in building and managing commercial and non-US public sector sales and business development organizations
- Experience implementing multi-channel sales models that include selling directly to end-users as well as through technology partners and strategic resellers
- Passion for improvising unique concepts to help the clients find suitable options in certain situations where financing or other challenges may exist
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work alone and in groups
- Team player with long-term company growth in mind
- Good listening skills – internally and externally
- Ability to plan for growth beyond 18 months
- Highly ethical business practices
- Willingness to travel extensively
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.