Spire is a leading global provider of space-based data, analytics and space services, offering access to unique datasets and powerful insights about Earth from the ultimate vantage point so that organizations can make decisions with confidence, accuracy, and speed. Spire uses one of the world’s largest multipurpose satellite constellations to source hard to acquire, valuable data and enriches it with predictive solutions. Spire then provides this data as a subscription to organizations around the world so they can improve business operations, decrease their environmental footprint, deploy resources for growth and competitive advantage, and mitigate risk. Spire gives commercial and government organizations the competitive advantage they seek to innovate and solve some of the world’s toughest problems with insights from space. Spire has offices in San Francisco, Boulder, Washington DC, Ontario, Glasgow, Oxfordshire, Luxembourg, and Singapore.
Spire is hiring a motivated Communications Manager to help drive awareness of Spire, our businesses, and the impact of our data. We are looking for a curious person with a growth mindset who can work with our internal team and our PR agency of record to secure top-tier press hits, help manage our social media engine, and work with customers to help tell their Spire success stories. This position reports to the Head of Communications, works closely with our Senior Manager of Communications, and will work cross-functionally and collaboratively across the company. The role is global in scope.
- Draft communications materials, including press releases, statements, Q&A documents, bylined articles, pitches, blog posts, and social media content;
- Establish strong relationships with journalists, including tier one, technology and relevant industry trades across Maritime, Aviation, Weather, Federal and Space;
- Coordinate, prep executives for, and staff interviews with media individually and in concert with the PR agency;
- Assist with speaker programs for key executives;
- Manage awards and rankings program;
- Assist with the management of corporate social media channels, as well as those for select members of the leadership team;
- Work closely with Spire sales, product marketing, and business team leads to promote customer wins and case studies;
- Track and measure external communications activity in concert with the agency; and
- Support internal communications initiatives focused on employee engagement, learning and connectivity.
- 3+ years of communications experience at a technology, space, SaaS company and/or at an agency
- Strong media relationships with top-tier and technology press
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong communicator who works well independently and collaboratively with a team
- Proven track record of prioritizing and delivering results within a fast-paced environment
- Data-driven individual who measures and tracks success of programs
- Curiosity-driven, good humored, and out-of-the-box thinker
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of agency experience
- Strong social media capabilities
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Salary: $90,000 - $125,000