Account Executive, Federal
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
The Customer sits at the top of Spire’s technology stack and drives the priorities and focus across our organization. The sales team is on the front lines of building those relationships externally as well as communicating those requirements internally. We are looking for a seasoned sales professional to drive sales activity in several DoD sales territories and one Federal Systems Integrator sales territory under the Vice President of Federal Sales. It requires an autonomous self-starter who can also collaborate daily with marketing and product development and build connections across the whole Spire organization.
- You will work directly for the Vice President of Federal Sales to source, develop, and close a pipeline of business opportunities with either a DoD or Federal Systems Integrator sales territory
- You will support the maintenance and development of partnerships with established and emerging industry players in the US Government market; you might also represent Spire at industry conferences and events and build a network that leads to new business opportunities
- You will support and execute on efforts to bid on US Government contracts by providing inputs to Spire’s responses to RFPs and RFIs
- You will play a key role in identifying and refining new business cases for Spire’s satellite platform, and understanding the unique requirements of government customers
- You will conduct detailed research on current and new markets to help Spire strategically expand and deepen its customer footprint
- You will be responsible for maintaining intelligence on the market, current and future partners, competitors, and technology trends, and using that knowledge base to help guide and evolve Spire’s US government strategy
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Sales role supporting the US Department of Defense and/or the Federal Systems Integrator community
- Bachelor’s degree
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Team player with long-term company growth in mind
- Track record of driving successful outcomes for your customers and your organization.
- Keen attention to detail and experience executing on highly specific deals
- Advanced College Degree
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills, and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $90,000 to $110,000 . Final base salary for this role will be based on the location, skills, experience and qualifications. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for commissions and annual equity awards. This role is also eligible for our employee benefits program, including vacation, sick, and personal time off; optional medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage; a 401(K) plan; health and wellness reimbursement program; and participation in Spire’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan.