Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
Spire Global is a space-to-cloud analytics company that owns and operates the largest multi-purpose constellation of satellites. Its proprietary data and algorithms provide the most advanced maritime, aviation, and weather tracking in the world. In addition to its constellation, Spire’s data infrastructure includes a global ground station network and 24/7 operations that provide real-time global coverage of every point on Earth.
Infrastructure Tools Engineering at Spire Global is foundational to unlocking new capabilities for satellite software development. The vision of this team is simple: carry Spire Global's Satellite Development Platform to new heights through inclusive, thoughtful, and deliberate engineering. More specifically, you will shape how satellite software is designed, deployed, tested, and managed. We look forward to working with you and unlocking the promise of Space exploration for the benefit of all.
Our ideal candidate will have considerable soft skills as well as strong technical abilities. The team’s mission goes beyond just building software. Socializing solutions, encouraging adoption and supporting our internal customer team will all be essential. Confident individuals with a cool temperament would fit in well, especially if they can empathize with our developers when challenges arise.
The scope will be as follows:
- Working with stakeholders to understand their needs; designing solutions; and acting as a technical leader to drive the implementations
- Develop internal services and processes to improve efficiency across the software development lifecycle for space program engineering
Cultural traits we’re looking for:
- Articulates ideas well in both spoken and written form
- Promotes open and effective collaboration between people and teams
- Balances tactical and strategic decisions for overall mission success
- Feels strongly about technological and operational excellence
- Values accurate measurements over expert opinions
- Mindfulness when creating and managing infrastructure that we can meet SLA requirements and minimize downtime for customers
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience operating production infrastructure along with experience diagnosing and communicating about incidents and risks affecting customers.
- Eagerness to automate away toil and improve the lives of your coworkers
- Operational experience with AWS
- Proficiency with common cloud networking architectures
Nice to Have:
- Experience writing high quality code in any programming language.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Certified AWS Certified Advanced Networking
- Understanding of Security and operational standards and regulations
- Experience with continuous delivery tooling and methodologies
- Operational understanding of modern distributed systems
- Can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive design decisions within your team
Tools and Technologies
- AWS, Kubernetes (EKS) and ECS, Argo CD, Argo Workflows, Concourse CI, Python, Github actions, Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager, Terraform, Python, AWS WAF, Amazon API Gateway.
Spire is Global and our success draws upon the diverse viewpoints, skills and experiences of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.